What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Friday, February 02, 2007


Rainy days and.... Thursday we had icy rain and for the first part of the morning everything stopped. Businesses and schools delayed opening until later in the morning when it would warm up a bit and the roads wouldn't be so icy. But what struck me was that every day care closed for the day! Now, that meant that at least one parent had to call in and take a day off to stay home with the kids, if they didn't have a friend or relative willing to give up a day to take the kids. It was as if each of them took advantage of the rain to take a day off, not considering the impact it had on the parents who pay them and depend on them. Not a big issue unless you are one of those working parents. When I lived in VT I often ended up with friends kids when the daycares closed for a day, but they still had to go into work. I'm just wondering what is so different about day care workers that they can't get to work when other people can? I could understand the two hour delay, but after that it was doable!

On a cute note...the stray female cat we feed decided she would also spend the day inside and when I opened the door in the morning had a few words for me. She immediately moved in and made herself comfortable for the day. Every once in awhile she would venture out and then turn around and come back in. Prior to her pregnancy and us bringing her in, when she brought us the babies at 2 weeks old and keeping her while she healed from the spaying, she spent every day and night outside! Weather be damned! But now she has gotten a bit spoiled and pampered.

The male cat, Scarface, toughed it out and when I saw him today he had yet another gash on one of his ears! He needs to stop getting into scraps with other cats. I want to catch him and get him neutered, but so far that has been out of the question.

Well, anyway, the rain has gone away and I will now end with a little song one of my relatives used to sing... it's a Spanish song about a lazy person...

The window she is broken
And the rain she's coming in,
If someone doesn't fix it soon,
I'll be soaked to my skin.
But maybe in a day or two,
The rain she'll go away,
And who will need a window,
On such a sunny day?
Manana, manana, manana
She is good enough for me!


Comments: Post a Comment

Home