What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Monday, February 05, 2007


Blogging for Books for Feb. 07 is 'live! This months topic is dreams. I have written a few things on dreams I have had but this is about one of my most haunting and powerful dreams.

The Power of Love by Bonnie Johnson

He told me, if he died first, he would come back for me. I would laugh and tell him I’d believe it when it happened. I have learned now to never doubt the power of love.

On March 24th one of my cats passed away and on March 27th I had a dream that my cat was crying and I had to find him. When I found the cage where the cat was crying the cat turned into my best friend, Rick, and he was lying there crying. He said he was sorry and then I woke up. That morning I received a call from his wife that he had passed away in the night.

He told me he would come back for me and I laughed. Never doubt the power of love. That night Rick came to me in my dreams and told me he was taking me with him. After a forty-two year relationship where we would vacillate between lovers and friends, he couldn’t go on into the after life with out me. He put me on a bike and had me riding down a mountain pass. He watched on as a truck plowed down the mountain, out of control, and headed right towards me. At the last second I was able to jump off the bike and out of the path of the truck.

But he wouldn’t give up. He wasn’t ready to let me out of his life even if it was the after-life. I found myself back on the mountain pass, but this time with a group of people protesting. I was never quite sure what we were protesting, but there he sat, in his wheelchair watching and waiting. A fire broke out in the trees around us and quickly worked its way to the mountain pass. I ran and ran! My legs moved faster than I ever thought they could. I literally ran for my life.

Then I was off the mountain and in a building. He told me to follow him and we could be together forever. Taking me to a window I looked out and realized we were very high above a city. I could barely make out the traffic below. “Follow me,” he said. “It’s safe. You can do it.” Then he rolled over to the window and was gone. I backed away quickly and woke up drenched in sweat.

But it was over for the night. I felt he had been given three tries to get me to go and then he had to leave without me. He was sad I hadn’t chosen to go with him, but I told him I would join him when my time came. Until then he could visit in my dreams whenever he chose, but only if he agreed to never try to take me before my time again. He has chosen to visit and mostly we play guitars and sing old songs. We remember the happier times of our youth.

He told me if he died first he would come back for me. I have learned to never doubt the power of love.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home