What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Friday, January 26, 2007


Like mother, like daughter! While I was chatting with my 84 year old mother, on the phone, this weekend we were talking about some 'not so bright things' we'd done. I told her about skating around Lake Worth when I lived in TX. One day my friend and I decided to try skating up the steep hill. Forgetting, of course, that what goes up, must come down. At mid point we reached and equally steep hill going down. My friend did it first, being the more experienced skater, and had no problems. I was doing fine, until I reached the bottom and realized, just a second too late, there were railroad tracks that must be jumped. I landed on my knees and looked like a little kid skating around with my knees all skinned up.

My mom laughed because a similar thing had happened to her, but she was 14, not 34 as I had been. Her mom had just bought her a brand new pair of shorts and she wanted to show them off and went roller skating with her friends. I don't remember where the hill was (I'll ask her again this weekend) but she and her friends decided to try it and she ended up sliding down on her butt! She said not only did her shorts get ripped but her underwear as well! If not for a friend who had a sweater with her she would have had to walk home with her fanny hanging out! Now I know not only where I get my off beat sense of humor, but also my lack of grace and coordination!


Comments: Post a Comment

Home