What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Friday, November 10, 2006


Untitled: Since this is going to be a hodgepodge update I just left it untitled.

Wager: At the beginning of the year my sister, Victoria, myself and our friend, Bernie agreed we would all update our blogs once a week. Up to this point I was proud to have been the only one who managed to do that, but here is it is November 10 and the last time I posted was 10/31...so in the end none of us managed to fulfill the promise.

Husband updates: The past few weeks have been the weeks from hell...

One week my husband had a doctor appt every day! and on top of it his car was in the garage so not only was I driving him to and from doctor appts, and sitting and waiting with him, but driving him to and from work. Somewhere in there I cleaned house, did laundry, fed cats, cleaned litter boxes, did grocery shopping..etc etc etc.....

Then the docs decided he needed and upper GI and a TEE... both were scheduled to be done back to back so he would only have to go under the VERSED once. When we got to the hospital they only had him scheduled for an upper GI which was the least of the tests he needed. I told them I sat in the office while the woman who sets these appts. up coordinated the proceedings and they told me they didn't have that so would only do the one. I said we may as well go home then as it was set up to do both back to back. They argued with me, I told them to check and finally had to get rude...they finally checked and lo and behold! yep, both doctors were there and both were scheduled for the procedures. Dang, I hate having to get ugly to get things done, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

And tuesday he was scheduled for a root canal. Now we'd already paid $200 for a filling before they decided he needed a root canal. When we got there the dentist (orthodontist) discovered the tooth was cracked and couldn't do a root canal, but the tooth needed pulled. Of course, he is so specialized, root canals only that we had to schedule an appt. with the other dentist to get the tooth pulled. Complicating matters is Keith is on coumadin as he gets pulmonary embolisms... he had to go off the coumadin and they scheduled it for thursday morning. Of course, after it wouldn't stop bleeding and we had to go back and the dentist put an astringent in the root canals to slow the bleeding, which it eventually did.

The bad cats! Just one cat story...the other day I was washing dishes and when I turned around ready to sweep the kitchen floor I found that BJ had not only emptied one of the bowls of crunchy cat food on the floor, he had dumped the water bowl over it! Okay...deep breath... I take some paper towels and cover the water and food to absorb the water while I come clean down here. When I go back up BJ and Tiny Friend (who isn't so tiny anymore) had cleaned up the paper towels for me. Deep breath... I picked up the mess, wiped up the water, swept and mopped the floor and wondered why I bother. Oobal di oobla da....

Now it's Friday...and hopefully...fingers and toes crossed...next week will be a better one! Have a good weekend everyone!!!


Comments: Post a Comment

Home