What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Wednesday, September 27, 2006



The older I get - This is just going to be a rambling post, so if you choose to read it bear with me. For some strange reason, maybe the earthquakes we had over the weekend, my arthritis has kicked up another notch or two and the arthritis pain medications don't help as much. I have had a few sleepless nights due to this, so if anyone feels I have been ignoring them - I'm not. I'm just tired and getting through my normal daily chores exhausts me. Even now the pain in my hands and shoulders will limit this missive.

But as I sweep and clean I think there are so many better ways I can be spending my time. The sweeping and mopping will need done again in another couple days anyway. The beds will need remade tomorrow..the litter boxes will - well, never mind they need done :-)...but the point is the older I get and the more friends I lose the more I realize it isn't the endless summer of youth but that time is passing faster and faster and there are still things I have yet to accomplish.

I am working on my second book of poetry, my sisters and I are going to start on a book about growing up in Erie, PA and our experiences as young girls growing in the 60's and 70's. We all had exciting and interesting lives and there are a lot of stories between us. I think it will be a compilation of short stories and poems and hopefully some pictures from that time period.

So, my time could be better spent writing... but alas, the beds do need made, the dishes need washed and that darn kitchen floor needs mopped! So I guess I will get that done and then turn my time to more creative things.

In the meantime, hopefully, we can get my arthritis back in control so I can enjoy a good nights sleep again!


Comments: Post a Comment

Home