What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Saturday, July 29, 2006


I can't believe I did it! To update - Every Friday Keith and I go to Drew's Blues Cafe and meet up with a friend, Cynthia, to listen to Robert Gibbs play guitar while we play chess and have dinner. Last week Cynthia asked him to play some blues and then decided we should write... no I should write lyrics for a blues song for Drew's Blues and Robert would play a blues riff and she would sing it.

Now, the manager of the cafe has the business in the name of his 6 year old son, who by the way is adorable! Keith and I always sit at the same table and he prides himself on having it ready for us when we get there. Anyway... I decided to have some fun and write the blues song around little Drew.

When I got there I gave a copy to Robert and one to Drew since it was really for him. Well, a bit into the evening Robert asks if I'M ready to sing my song and I said, that wasn't the deal. I wrote it, you play it, and Cynthia sings it. Well, turns out she can't sing without every note written out - so she says if I start her off while he plays she can do it... so I start her off and then drop out - but she says I had to keep singing because she couldn't keep the rhythm... so yes, we both sang while Robert played...thank goodness at least part of it was good because I'm sure our singing left a lot to be desired! But it was fun! No one complained, but I'm sure a few were laughing along with us.

So, at the end Robert asks if I want to close the evening with my song and I declined. Fun is one thing, but torture is definitely another. For anyone wanting to read the lyrics or hey, even sing them yourself...here they are:

Drew’s Blues Blues

It’s hard to run a business when you are only six,
It’s hard to run a business when you are only six,
My parents think that they are the boss, try and tell me what to do.
Sit down and eat, don’t run and scream,
Sit down and eat, don’t run and scream,
I’ll be grown up soon, so they better treat me nice.

Gotta keep an eye on the help, keep them working hard,
Gotta keep an eye on the help, keep them working hard,
I don’t like no slackers, don’t like them being late, no that won’t do.
They think it’s cute I’m only six,
They think it’s cute I’m only six,
I’ll be grown up soon, so they better treat me nice.

I want to run and play around, make noise when I will,
I want to run and play around, make noise when I will,
But my mama tells me to sit down, tells me I must behave,
Dad’s in the kitchen watching me,
Dad’s in the kitchen watching me,
I’ll be grown up soon, so they better treat me nice.

It’s hard to run a business, when you are only six,
It’s hard to run a business, when you are only six,
Well, my mama and daddy are the ones in charge I guess,
I’ll just be a little boy for now,
I’ll just be a little boy for now,
But I’ll be grown up soon, so they better treat me nice.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home