What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Thursday, July 06, 2006


For most of you who have been following my blog, you will remember the blogs I posted the end of March and into April, after my best friend of 43 years died on March 28th. To recap Rick and I became involved when he was 14 and I was 15. We were each others first love and as they say, you never forget your first love. Over the years we each married other people (a few times - 3 for me and 4 for him) but we always returned to each other. When he became ill he wanted to leave his fourth wife and for me to leave my current one, so we could have one last adventure and travel together. I couldn't do it. I loved Rick, but I love my husband and it's another strange and wonderful story of how we reunited...but this is about what happened today....

If you remember Rick told me after he died he would come back and take me with him, since I wouldn't go with him for the one final adventure. Well, he tried. He came back and tried three times in one night to entice me to follow him across. A few nights later I called his last wife and told her if she saw him to tell him I can't go. While we were talking the radio came on. She said, Bonnie, I didn't touch the radio but it just came on by itself and the song that was playing was...

Oh, oh my love
Oh my darling
I've hungered for your touch
A long and lonely time

And time goes by
So slowly
And time can do so much
Are you still mine?
Oh, ho

I need your love
I need your love
I need your love
Godspeed your love to me

Which brings us to today. I was at the laundramat and listening to an oldies station that had call-ins for requests. I was thinking, I should call in and request Meatloaf's Lost Boys and Golden Girls in Rick's memory when the DJ said they were playing a special request and this song came on...

My love,
Theres only you in my life
The only thing thats bright

My first love,
Youre every breath that I take
Youre every step I make

Music and songs were a big part of our relationship and we often communicated with songs and wrote songs for each other. So, I don't find it strange that these songs keep us connected. But it does get freaky at times.

To read the post about the night he tried to take me with him go to the archives for April 23 - 29.

Anyway...just thought I'd share it with my fellow bloggers. Happy blogging.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home