What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Thursday, June 29, 2006


When I can't sleep.... I find lines of poems I should write floating around in my head. But, then I would eventually fall asleep and in the morning the profound poems are gone and I have lost the inspiration. So, last night I took a little journal to my room and in the middle of the night, when I woke up thinking of lines for a poem, I wrote them down and then worked the poem around those lines and came up with something I really liked. Now, the trick is going to be to remember to transport that same journal down here to the computer room so I can type them up and get them on my poetry blog here! Ah! The life of a poet! I was actually considering writing a poem about the life of a poet... like how we envision Keats or Shelley sitting in a romantic loft or a cafe writing out their beautiful poems...after all isn't that a poets life. Yeah! Right! Mine is a life of caring for cats, cleaning litter boxes, scrubbing toilets and bathtubs, mopping floors... well, you get it... and writing poems in the middle of the night when I can't sleep and the night calls me to write. I have always been a night person. When I work I try to get third shift or at least second. I am more alert and energetic during the night. The days leave me uninspired and wanting the excitement only the night can bring. I have been accused of being a vampire...well, who knows... watch your necks next full moon! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Comments: Post a Comment

Home