What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Wednesday, June 14, 2006


Updates!! Updates!! Get your updates here!! This week I took Little Friend in to get spayed. She was definitely in heat and the vet said we would have had more little kittens in about 8 weeks!! Arrgghh!!!! She is recovering and is back in the her space - the library. Hopefully she will be fully recovered by next Monday and she can decide if she wants to go our stay. I have a feeling she will go, but come back inside when she needs a soft place to lay her head for awhile. She's gotten a bit spoiled!

Then Tuesday I took in two of the house cats, Ginger and Percival, for their annual shots and discovered poor Percival needs some dental work! His teeth do look really bad! Yuck!!

So, this Friday I take in the two kittens to get their series of shots started and next Thursday take in Percy to get his teeth cleaned! Then that will be it for awhile. In Sept. two more are due for their annual shots and in October the last two are due and then we get to start all over again next summer.

Still haven't had any word on what is happening about the vet who botched up the treatment of Mr. Fuzz and killed him under her "care." Last we heard from the SC Veternary Assoc. was she said it was my fault for trusting her to treat him and agreeing to her treatment. Hmmmmm.... I said, I never said I didn't agree to her treatment, but what she is neglecting to tell you is we agreed if it didn't work she would go back to the steroid shots that worked in the past. Her treatment didn't work, I dropped him off for the shot, she didn't give it to him, he had an attack and died. And somehow that is my fault? He said she had so much time to write her side and then he would present both sides to the board and call us back. That was a few weeks ago, but I keep reminding myself this is the south and things move very slowly here... there is regular time and SPT... southern people's time.

This weekend a neighbor and I are having a yard sale. Still working towards building up that savings account so Keith can take off the entire summer next year. In the meantime, the schools insurance cut their benefits! I mean really cut them!! Where it used to be 10% co-pay that is now only on approved drugs...they sent out a list. The have A group which is approved (all generic), B group which is okay but you pay 30% copay and C - not listed at all (which is some of what Keith takes) and you pay 40% co pay on those!! Some of his drugs are very expensive - one is over $300. So, this is going to really hurt!!! Thanks Shrub for taking such good care of the medical benefits for the citizens of this country. Maybe we should become illegal aliens to get better benefits.

Well, that about brings my life up to date.... more later...


Comments: Post a Comment

Home