What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Saturday, June 24, 2006


Just a few fun notes: Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Told my sister, Victoria, about reading hers and Colin's poetry at open mic. She passed it on to Colin who responded with - Road Trip! LOL! I do hope they can make it sometime. Victoria is editor/publisher of Ye Olde Fonte Shoppe specializing in poetry chap books. Check out the site if you have a moment or two.


On the cat front - Little Friend, the stray we took in to help with her babies and later had spayed has started venturing out again. She goes out at night, but in the morning wants to come back in and go back to the library where she has spent the past six weeks or more. Her babies (the two we kept) will often join her for breakfast and a nap. She did try to venture into the house this morning, but first saw Ginger out big Siamese and ran the other way where she immediately came face to face with Marmadukelade (the half male/half female cat) who has been taking care of her little boys and went AAACK!! and turned an ran back into the library. She is not quite ready to socialize. I guess when you're as tiny as she is and sees these big cats we've managed to cultivate you would be a little intimidated.

First summer session has ended and second summer session started Friday. There may not be enough students enrolled though, so on Monday we may find out Keith has the rest of the summer off. We are planning that for next summer, but had planned on his working this summer. Oh well... we shall see....

I know every year I say this... the heat is killing me!!! I love the winters here! I do miss the snow from time to time, but the summers here are more than this displaced yankee can bear at times. I go outside and no matter how much water I drink I still feel weak and wobbly and wonder if I will survive until fall. So far, I have, so will more than likely make it through this summer, too.

At least I have my poetry group now!! It is so great to finally meet people who share something in common with me and have the same love for words as I do. And what a group they are! Hopefully it will grow with time and we can do more things together surrounding poetry. Will have to ask my sister about Artemis rising groups and see if I could get one started here.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usWell, not much more on the home front. Today is my mothers 85th!!!! birthday! Happy Birthday, mommy!!!


Comments: Post a Comment

Home