What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Monday, April 10, 2006


Monday Music Mambo

Greetings, everyone! Have a good weekend? I sure hope so. Today is Prevent Cruelty To Animals day, so to honor our furry friends and be nice to them, this is what we're going to do:

List songs or artists that have animals in the title or are about animals. Cats, dogs, snakes, etc.

Of course, I have to try to think of ones no one else will. And some so obscure I'm probably one of the only ones who know the song!

1. Cat in the Window - Petula Clark (actually mentions 2 animals)

Fly away, fly away
There's a cat in the window
And he's watching all the birds go passing by

2. Run for the Roses - Dan Fogleberg

From sire to sire
It's born in the blood
The fire of a mare A
nd the strength of a stud
It's breeding and it's training
And it's something unknown
That drives you and carries
You home.

3. Cats in the Cradle - Harry Chapin

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
When you comin' home dad?
I don't know when, but we'll get together then son
You know we'll have a good time then


4. You and Me and a Dog Named Boo - Lobo

Me and you and a dog named boo
Travellin' and livin' off the land
Me and you and a dog named boo
How I love being a free man

5. I am the Walrus - Beatles

I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
I am the walrus, goo goo g’joob.

6. Tie Me Kangaroo Down - Harris Rolf

Tie me kangaroo down, sport
Tie me kangaroo down
Tie me kangaroo down, sport
Tie me kangaroo down

7. How Much is that Doggie in the Window

How much is that doggie in the window
The one with the waggily tail
How much is that doggie in the window
I do hope that doggie's for sale

8. Swamp Witch - Jim Stafford (one of my all time favorites)

Black water Hattie lived back in the swamp
Where the strange green reptiles crawl
Snakes hang thick from the cypress trees
Like sausage on a smokehouse wall
Where the swamp is alive with a thousand eyes
An' all of them watching you
Stay off the track to Hattie's Shack in the back of the Black Bayou

9. Night Owl - James Taylor

A catfish he tends to groove on the water
It's just where he's bound to be
And a monkey kinds of flashes on fruits and bananas
So he lives in the top of a tree
But my eyes are made for darkness
And so the nighttime is right for me

Said I'm a night owl, honey
Sleep all day long

10. Serenading a Mule - Perry Como

There's a song in the air,
But the fair senorita
doesn't seem to care
for the song in the air.
So I'll sing to my mule
if you're sure she won't think that
I am just a fool
serenading a mule.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home