What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Saturday, January 21, 2006



My Job: Well, I've been at it a few weeks now so figured it was time I wrote about it. This is one of those dream jobs everyone dreams about having and I wouldn't give it up! I love it! I enjoy the people I work with, the students, the teachers and the fact we can banter and cut up with them and it's okay! It's not a lot of pay but it's taking care of the vet bills and that was one of the reasons I decided to find a job. Once the vet bill is taken care of I can work on my credit card! Yea!! So a little about the job...

It's pretty simple. I work in the lunch room and my main function is to do prep work in the morning...peel and dice potatoes for home fries, make salads, fill ketchup and mustard bottles, restock the salad dressings and syrups and jelly things. Then take orders and when the cook needs help do that. Last wednesday she had to take off for the afternoon so I got to do the cooking too! What fun! And I mean that! This job is just that...fun! Working 7 hours a day 4 days a week you don't even feel like you're working. I get off at 2 p.m. and still have plenty of time to get other things done. On Friday I do shopping and laundry then have an entire weekend to do what I want. Oh, and I clean house Friday and Saturday.

The two people I work with are a lot of fun and have the same type of strange personality I have, so we work very well together. And like each other which helps!
I hope to be doing this for as long as the business stays there. The person I replaced had a baby and it is doubtful she will want to come back (I work with her monther-in-law so get the inside scoop) because the baby was a premie and she is worried about leaving it with someone else even though her mother volunteered to watch the baby free of charge. I don't blame her. Besides I told her MIL to tell her she'd have to fight me for the job now. I love it!! I'm having fun and earning money, what more could anyone ask for?


Comments: Post a Comment

Home