What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Thursday, November 10, 2005



TOPS Day: Today was my second meeting back with the old group. It was auction week so had a lot of fun! I ended up winning a single cup coffee maker that I brought over to my husband for his office at the college. He already made a cup and loves it! I knew he would. Next week is the drawing for the Katrina victims basket. Someone wins the basket and all the money (almost $500 - and hopefully $500 or more by next thursday) goes to the Shaw AFB. They have a group of Katrina victims there and this money will go towards holiday food and such for them. Someone from the AFB will be there to do the drawing and two newspapers will be there to take pictures and get the story for their papers. Someone is the group is going to take a picture and write an article for The Item so there will be quite a bit of coverage on it. Hey, in a small town this is a big event. We're all excited about it.

Went to lunch with a group of the women after and learned of another job offer for me, so I guess when they say when it rains it pours they mean it. I'll be hearing from the person doing the hiring soon and could start that one in December. So, now I don't have to worry about turning down the November one due to Keith's foot and ankle injury and my needing to drive him around, because another job is waiting. It's funny how long I looked and now 3 possibilities pop up in the same time period.

I could still get the other one, but it's better to have too many offers than none :-).

I'll keep you posted.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home