What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Monday, October 03, 2005


Monday Music Mambo - Week 67
Hello you crazy Mamboers! This is your NEW mememeister rfduck, taking over for Friday while she gets things settled with her new place and waits for internet service. This is my first time writing the Mambo and I'm very excited!

Allow me to briefly introduce myself. I'm 25, male, live in Oregon, and I LOVE music! You can find my blog at rfduck.blogspot.com and of course I mambo every Monday with the rest of you!

Before I get this mambo started, let's give a round of applause for Friday and all the hard work she's done for us! Even with all the hurricane drama, she's somehow found time to update this site. That's awesome!

To honor our good friend Friday, I'll begin the mambo with some New Orleans-related questions.

1. Who are some of your favorite New Orleans and Louisiana musicians? (Here's a list to get you started: Fats Domino, Louis Armstrong, Harry Connick, Jr.)

Hmmmmmm....interesting question. Personally I never even think about where a musician is from. If I like their music I like their music, but don't get into where they were born, etc. Too technical for me. I just want to enjoy what they do.

2. Gumbo is a favorite New Orleans meal. It's a big pot filled with all sorts of vegetables, seafood, meat, all held together by a thick dark roux. What's in your musical gumbo? (Artists, bands, styles etc.)

Arlo Guthrie, Janis Joplin, Joan Baez, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Judy Collins, Meatloaf (the singer not the food), Phranc, Susan Vega, Pete Seeger,CCR, and a little of the Irish Rovers for flavoring.

Now, in honor of today's theme which is Income Tax Day (ugggghhh!), here's the third Mambo question.

3. Your income tax return has finally arrived! You've budgeted enough money for five new CDs. What are you going to get?

Positively Phranc - Phranc
Bat out of Hell - Meatloaf
Freewheelin' - Bob Dylan
Diamonds and Rust - Joan Baez
God Bless the Grass - Pete Seeger (this one especially because it has one of my all time favorites of his... The People are Scratching

The rules are, there are no rules!!! All you need to do is copy and paste the above questions into your blog and add your responses. After you've finished, return here and leave us a comment so we'll know you've Mamboed. Be sure your Mambo is linked back to http://bdinsanity.blogdrive.com so others can dance too.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home