What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Wednesday, September 28, 2005


Will you still love me... Well, went to the doctors last night for my arthritis to see what could be done. After doing the usual range of motion stuff he told me not only do I have it in my hands, left knee and hip and back, but it is now in my right knee. Oh joy! At least it isn't causing me pain there...yet, but it's nice to know it's in the future. Yeah, right. He gave me a different medication and we are going to see if that helps. So far it has made the pain tolerable which is better than AAARRRGGGHHHH!!! which is where I was for the past couple of weeks.

So, went to talk with Voc/Rehab today and they set me up with a bunch of places to see if there is a match for me. One is really cool. It's a t-shirt silk screening and they need someone to take orders and do office work. I can do that. They are supposed to call me and haven't yet.

Another is a place that finds jobs for people 55 and over. I have to call the woman tomorrow to set up an interview. Those were the two most hopeful ones. She gave me some other leads to follow up tomorrow and if none of these pan out for me I have an appt. with her on 10/10 and she will open a case file and we will go from there. She asked me if I was on disability and I told her know, I was trying to avoid that route.

But, the cutest part of the interview was when she said, well, it's too bad you aren't 55 because there's an agency that works only with people of that age and over. I love her!!! I told her I am 57. She was taken aback for a minute, but recovered her professional demeanor quickly and said, oh! well then go to job services and she gave me the address and directions.

So, I am once again on the hunt and at least have something to fall back on if these don't work out for me. I'd keep my fingers crossed but it's too painful!


Comments: Post a Comment

Home