What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Saturday, August 20, 2005



Sigh!!! As everyone knows I have been actively pursuing a job at a manufacturing plant here. I don't care if I work on the line or in the office. I just want a job. I have been going through Kelly Services, as they were only hiring through that agency. Week after week I would call the Kelly person and be told she had nothing, until last Monday when I called and she giggled, and laughed, and giddily told me the contract had been sold to another staffing service and she was no longer responsible. I asked if she had transferred all the paperwork and she giggled again and said, nope, that I would have to start all over and said goodbye and hung up laughing. Bitch. So, I went down to Carolina Tech, since I was in the area anyway at the post office, and asked the woman there about the transfer to the other agency. She was pretty upset with Kelly herself and said they had only had a weeks warning on the transfer.

While we were talking she pulled up my scores and said, "Wow! with these scores why are you even going through a staffing agency? I don't understand why they didn't hire you right off." She then suggested I go to the company and try to talk directly to the Human Resource person and not waste time with the staffing agency. I did go, talked with the woman, but she said unfortunately it depended on what was open and they didn't hire directly, so yes, I would still have to go through the staffing agency. Darn!!!

So, I did... the woman there also looked at the scores and said, "impressive!" She also said the company may require one more test! Sheesh!! I already took five, including a math test, and I thought I was bad at math but scored highest in that. Anyway...

I have an appointment Monday morning with her and we'll see where we go from there. In the meantime, I've been trying to get a copy of my highschool transcript - from 1966!!!! Hopefully, they will have a fax number they will allow the highschool to send the transcript too, when they finally dig far enough in the archives and find them.

In the meantime...keep your fingers and toes crossed for me. I really, really need a job!!!


Comments: Post a Comment

Home