What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Thursday, August 25, 2005



Interview: Well, I had my interview at BD this morning. Actually it consisted of an eye exam, an interview with the man who heads up the tubing department and a walk through of the job. The job itself is called an unscrambler and involves a lot of things. One is to stack the empty tube crates as they come back to your line. You also have huge bags of tubes and you have to untie the bottom and get the tubes moving through the machine. You put the empty crates on the other conveyer to be filled with tubes as it unscrambles or sorts them. If the machine jams up you stop it, climb up on a two step ladder, move the tray that jammed and restart the machine. The picture shown is close to the one they have there. Continuous movement and tedious, but not a lot of brain work. There are three people working the line so I wouldn't be on my own. Now I just have to sit back and wait and see what happens. They did have a problem there with cracked tubes, so the person interviewing me was a bit distracted... oh, and I do hope my sense of humor didn't blow it for me....

After the interview and walk through, Mike, the guy who did the walk through took me back to the HR dept. Miss Goodman, the woman I deal with there, was trying to say something and got mixed up and said her brain wasn't functioning. Of course, after having just been going through the descrambling routine I said, "maybe it just needs descrambling." She looked at Mike and said, "you cannot use that line." and he said, "But it's such a good one." They both smiled, so hopefully they do have a sense of humor.

So...keep keeping those fingers and toes crossed for me!


Comments: Post a Comment

Home