What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Tuesday, June 14, 2005


A rusty old halo - Last night I had a dream around an old song my mother used to play. I was going somewhere with my husband and saw and advertisement in a window that read - he bought it for $2.99 here and sold it for $8.99 and for that he got a rusty old halo.

Then a second ad that said something else (can't remember what) but made reference to second hand wings full of patches.

I thought to myself that my husband and I would be coming back that way the next day and I would go in and ask about the song. What I could remember was the chorus:

A rusty old halo, a skinny white cloud,
A robe that's so woolly it scratches.
A rusty old halo, a skinny white cloud,
Second hand wings full of patches.

Well, the next day we went back the the signs in the window were different and I thought, well, it must have been a dream, but maybe the dream was telling me something, so I went in and asked. A customer said, yes, she too knew that song and was trying to get all the lyrics, but that it was sung by someone named Bob McCutcheon.

So, I went looking and found the entire song and it was recorded by Hoyt Axton and written by Bob Miller. I don't know what the dream meant but here is the song in it's entirety. If anyone wants to interpret the dream please have some fun with the comments section.

Rusty Old Halo - written by Bob Miller and recorded by Hoyt Axton

Rusty Old Halo

[G]I know a man, [C]rich as a king, [D7]still he just won't give his
[G]neighbors a thing, He'll get up to heaven [C]someday I bet, [D7]he'll get
up to heaven and
[G]here's what he'll get

Chorus
[G]A rusty old halo, [C]skinny white cloud, [D7]second hand wings full of
[G]patches, [G]A rusty old halo, [C]skinny white cloud, a [D7]robe that's so
wooley that
it [G]scratches.


[G]Some people have them [C]big fancy cars, [D7]swimming pools, fur coats,
and [G]diamonds in jars,real silver gates, [C]real golden doors, [D7]they'll
get up to heaven and
[G]trade them all for

Chorus

[G]While you're on earth you should [C]shine like a star, [D7]brighten up
the corner where [G]ever you are,doing each day the [C]best you can do,
[D7]that way you'll be sure they'll
[G]never hand you

Chorus


Comments: Post a Comment

Home