What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Sunday, May 22, 2005


You find out who your friends are :-). Just one more load to move out of the old apartment and I will be able to relax and use my energy getting the house in order. Right now we are still surround by stacks and stacks!! But I wanted to take a moment to thank all the people who rallied around and helped me with this monumental task.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Louise, Julie, Jackie, and Linda... my friends and my TOPS support group! And boy, did they come through for me. On the day of the big move they came over and packed boxes, loaded boxes onto the moving van for me, and helped unload at the other end. They wouldn't quit and wouldn't give up. Even after Jackie got a huge wooden splinter in her leg she insisted on finishing the job of getting all the heavy furniture out for me.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Cynthia Harris, PHD who was ready with her truck every time I was ready to move a truckload or two of boxes and did it with a happy heart and a smile on her face. She and Jackie were my muscle and between them every heavy piece of furniture was moved. I had to laugh because I can lift some heavy things, but these two women made me look like a wimp :-).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us My brother Mickey, who saved the day by changing the lock on the side door. We had no key to the lock and it is the best door to come in and out because there is a room between with a door that allows us to keep the cats inside while we make an easy exit. He also interrupted a walk with his wife to help me move in and stock videos on their shelves. I knew all I had to do was call and he would be there. (sorry about the picture, but i couldn't find a better one).

Without these friends (and yes, my brother may be family but he is also a friend) I would never have been able to do this. I can't thank them enough! Thank you just doesn't seem adequate but it is all I can do for now.

PS...don't forget to scroll down and post a vote for the name for the new kitten!


Comments: Post a Comment

Home