What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Monday, January 03, 2005


Women and cars: Awhile back a friend of mine and I were talking, her husband was within hearing distance, and I mentioned how the mailman was impressed when he saw me checking my own oil, radiator, and tire pressure. I told him I did it all the time and thought everyone, male or female, should know how to do at least those basics. She said..."Shhhh!!! don't let my husband hear you say that or he'll think I should learn too and I'll have to start doing my own." So, today, I get a call from my darling husband. He had left his lights on and his battery was dead and couldn't get anyone at AAA. I said, "so you need me to come jump you." He responded with "you know how to do that?" I laughed and said, doesn't everyone? Apparently not. I got his car jumped and he said I impressed him so much doing it so professionally he actually got out his cables and the handbook and read up on how to use them. He said he had never even taken his out of their package, but had bought them a long time ago in case he needed them someday. I think someday has come. So, women and yes, even you men out there who might read this, learn how to check your oil, your radiator fluids, your tire pressure and for crying out loud! know how to use your jumper cables. The life you save may be your own car ;-).


Comments: Post a Comment

Home