What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Monday, January 31, 2005


It's been a long long time!As I was perusing other blogs and complaining no one has updated lately it dawned on me that neither have I! So, here is my update.

Was sick this weekend and I blame it all on the head of the math and science division at the college. A couple weeks ago the heat went off and while he let the students go, he insisted the teachers had to stay and they could just bundle up. Keeping in mind one of the teachers is 80 years old you can see what a heart this guy has! Anyway, my husband as well as some of the other teachers ended up out sick the next week with bronchitis and colds. My husband passed it on to me. So, I blame my sore throat, ear ache and cough on the miserly fool (who by the way did end up getting sick himself and missing a good part of last week - what goes around comes around :-)) who instead of saying close up the building until the heat is fixed and caring about his faculty made them stay and suffer and get sick.

I'm doing okay in this round of the Four Continents Scrabble Tournament. At present I am winning 5 and losing 5, but just recently found out that one of the women (to whom I am losing two games) doesn't play her own games. We have divisions that go from division 1 (the best which is where my sister Victoria is... I am in division 6 :-)).. anyway...just found out that one of the women in my division can't handle losing so when she starts to lose a game her friend in division 1 takes over. Okay, so it's just a game, and true there is no money involved, but there is such a thing as integrity and I find this offensive. I would rather win or lose on my own than have a ringer come in and win for me. Only problem is the ringer is also one of the originators of the site, so she can do whatever she wants and if I say anything I am sure I will be told I am a bad sport and just don't have to play. Problem is I love scrabble!!!! And want to continue the tourmanents, so I guess I will learn to deal with the frustration of playing with someone with such low self esteem she can't accept a legitimate loss. The more I think about it the more I pity her. It must be very sad to be her and live with such a lack of confidence in ones own abilities.

The cats are all psycho but then what is new with cats. They think they live here and we should be honored they allow us any space at all. Especially on the bed. What we find most amusing is three of the cats go outside during the day, but, when they need to go to the bathroom instead of using the great outdoors they scratch or cry at the door until we let them in. Rush in to use one of the litter boxes and then go back outside. CATS!!!

We missed the great ice storm over the weekend. We had been warned all week to stock up and prepare for this ice storm that was going to sweep the south. So, I went out Friday in spite of feeling not so great and bought water and extra cat food and all the necessities (potato chips being one) to survive the ice storm. And waited...and waited...and every half hour the weather report would interrupt the tv show to give an update..."well, no ice storm yet and it looks like we won't be getting it, but we'll keep interrupting every half hour to irritate you because we paid these people to come in and do this and by golly they are going to do it." Okay, they didn't exactly say that but it was pretty lame. It was obvious we weren't going to get the ice storm! All you had to do was look out the friggin' window!!

Heard from and old friend from back in Florida. It was a fluke because I had been thinking a lot about her lately and wondering what she was up to and how she was doing. Then I get an email from her with her new email address. I had lost all my information when my computer crashed and kept hoping she would eventually write me. So, I responded to the new email address and got a response from her today. It really made my day and I am so glad to be back in touch with her. She did back up on one of the CD's we produced while I was in Florida and I always felt she should have been the lead. Will have to find out if she is doing anything with her singing since then.

Well, that's about it for now. Hope to not be a way so long next time...until then... keep on dancing, keep on singing and remember everything is temporary!


Comments: Post a Comment

Home