What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Friday, November 12, 2004


Control Issues and Power Struggles: To put it point blankly I do not suffer fools gladly. Also, anyone who knows me knows in the past I have had issues with control. This is something I have worked on and have come to understand and even control. Now when I am doing a project and someone offers to help or tries to help I simply tell them I don't work well with others and even refer back to my first report card that simply stated, Bonita does not play well with others. Okay, now you have it. But, I do know I have this issue so avoid situations where it may become a problem. Now we have a problem. The weight loss group I belong to will be voting on new officers in March. I have been asked to run for the position of Leader. Our current leader, is a very nice woman outside the group and we get along great, but in the group she is a little tyrant and has turned people off from the group and some have even quit. Other guests never joined because of her. I don't feel I am that bad, but as I said I do not suffer fools gladly and there is a lot in the group if I were leader I would not tolerate.

When I have an issue with her I simply approach her after the meeting and tell her my feelings and we talk. Some simply back bite and gripe about her. I don't want that to happen as I have a lot of friends in this group. My fear is some will find me a bit overwhelming as a leader, start this behind the back talking, and the friendships will become luke warm at best. I'm not sure I would be a good leader simply because of the control issues. They have promised to let me know if I go over the line. I am having doubts about whether this is a good idea. As I said giving a leadership position to someone trying to overcome control issues is like opening up a bar to a recovering alcoholic.

I'll have to think on this one.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home