What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Sunday, November 21, 2004


The case of the disappearing coffee grounds, or, grounds for mental health counseling:

Okay, I admit it was a bit odd a few weeks ago, when after mixing up a batch of low carb brownies I tried to put the pan in the dishwasher to bake them. It didn’t take me long to evaluate the situation and realize something was amiss. I immediately recognized that this was the dishwasher and would be utilized to wash the pan once the brownies had been baked, but in the meantime, I did move them to the oven to bake them.

Now we come to the disappearing coffee grounds. The other day I picked up more coffee. I set the coffee up at night for the next morning following my normal procedure. I remove the old coffee filter with the used coffee grounds and deposit that in the trashcan. I put in a new filter, refill with fresh grounds, fill the coffee maker with water so I can just turn it on when I get up in the morning. The next evening as I went to remove the old coffee grounds I found a wet but empty coffee filter. This took me by surprise, but then I thought, well maybe I had emptied it during the day to make hot water for tea, which I occasionally do, so went about my way tossing out the wet filter, putting in a new one, refilling with coffee grounds, filled the water and the next morning turned it on and brewed the coffee.

Okay…. That evening when I went to remove the old filter to toss out the used coffee grounds once again… NO COFFEE GROUNDS!! Now, I knew there was no way I would forget two days in a row if I had emptied it during the day to put on water for tea. Was I going crazy? Losing what mind I had left? Was I in the beginning stages of Alzheimer’s? Deep breath… think about this…. Read the coffee container… what? Instant coffee????? Yep, I had grabbed the wrong container at the store. It looked like the regular coffee container but there it was in small letters…. Instant coffee! Nope, I wasn’t losing my mind… at least not completely.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home