What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Wednesday, September 01, 2004


Another Tuesday Newsday:representation

Now it's the Republican's turn for a convention. Do you think this convention represents the Republican party as you see it? The speakers, the location, the subjects?

And speaking of representation, I must admit I find CNNs choices of commentators for the Democrats versus the Republicans to be particularly offensive (okay so much for unopinionated questions.) For the Democrats they had, among others, Mo Rocka, whom I enjoy but who is basically a comedian, down on the floor interviewing the Dems. For this convention, he has been replaced by Carlos Watson, a conservative political analyst who is anything but funny. To me this says they are putting a much more "serious" light on the Republicans than the Democrats. What do you think?


UPDATE: Mo Roccas is BACK! So either more people than me saw the discrepancy in the representation, or my blog is more powerful than I could have imagined. (Yeah, right!) However, he has been added to the list of pundits, which is longer than the Democratic list, still giving the Republicans more representation than the Democrats.

My response:
I'm not watching the RNC because from what I saw they are sinking as low as they can go in their speeches. Cheney trying to make jokes about Kerry changing opinions fell flat. They act as if someone who stubbornly clings to his decision regardless of how wrong he is proven, is better than someone willing to listen and make changes if he finds he made a wrong choice.

As for the commentators I have to agree it does seem they are trying to bias people by acting as if the DNC was a big joke and making it look like the real joke, the RNC, should be taken seriously, but what they should take seriously are the 300,000 people marching and protesting the RNC. I have always watched CNN for up to date information, but they are really irritating me with this tactic. You have to wonder how much the RNC paid them.

I find it tacky on Bushes part to hold the RNC in NYC trying to take advantage of 9/11. But like I said they have sunk pretty low. I did see part of Bush's wife's speech and she was pretty bad stumbling over words and such, but then maybe she was just trying to make her hubby not look so bad when he gets up to make his speech.

Just my humble opinion.... :-)


Comments: Post a Comment

Home