What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Saturday, July 03, 2004


Water Resistant Watches and stuff: My husband is a movie buff and yes, sometimes we do watch them in the buff, but that has nothing to do with this blog, except I was at Kmart buying him a couple new DVD racks because they had a sale. While there I decided to check out their water resistant watches. I like to swim and a couple of my friends have nice pools. We have one at the complex here, but something happened to make it not fun for me there anymore. The point is, when my husband is working I like to be home when he gets home. Don't ask me why, because I couldn't explain it, but for the first time in my life I want to be there! I enjoy seeing him off to work and greeting him when he gets home. I know, I know... syrupy but it's true. So, when I am at my friends places I tend to be concerned about the time and end up getting out of the pool early so I make sure to get home in time. Which brings us to the water resistant watch. Anyway, I was looking at the watches but no one was working the jewelry dept. so I went over to the customer service and asked them to call someone to help me as the watches, of course, were locked up. An Indian (from India) woman came over and I asked which of the watches were water resistant. She looked at me and slapped her hand around the glass cases and "watches!" I asked her which were water resistant as I needed one to wear swimming. She slapped the counter again and said, "watches." Okay, she didn't understand American, but here she was working at a store where she would need to communicate with American speaking customers. Hmmmmmmm. Okay, one more try... water proof? I asked. "You read and see," she said. Oh boy!! Well, I finally found them and picked one out and pointed it out to her. She said, "you come around counter to pay." aha!! she can say the all important words. I am going to write to the corporate office of Kmart because that is totally unacceptable for customer service. I have applied at these stores and get no response simply because I am over 50, yet, I am energetic, personable, have worked years in customer and service and can even speak the language. Maybe I should walk in and say, no speak american, am rude, but you hire me because .... hmmmm....why???


Comments: Post a Comment

Home