What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Saturday, July 03, 2004


I'm so proud of my husband! While at his heart doctors a few weeks ago, he asked for a diet to use during his 7 weeks away from teaching. The doctor said he should do the South Beach Diet, so we got the book and began the day after his last day of teaching for the semester. We have been on it two weeks and he has gone down a shirt size and a pant size and has stuck to it! Usually we start off with good intentions and then cheat along the way, but this diet has been so good we never feel hungry and have stopped craving sweets and starches! Amazing! I haven't lost as much as him, but I had already lost 32 pounds before starting. I keep telling people I have turned into a vegematic. I will warn anyone thinking about going on this diet it is a lot of work... at least for someone like me who is used to popping something frozen into the microwave and heating it up. I chop, I dice, I slice and I even clean up after. I keep joking the secret to the diet isn't what you eat, but time spent walking around the grocery stores finidng all the items for the dishes, preparing the dishes, and cleaning up after. But it is worth it to me to see my husband dropping the weight and to have him walk with me again and not have his feet hurt so much he can't walk too far or long. It is worth it to me to hear my husband say, "I'll take out the trash today." Maybe that doesn't sound like much but from not having the energy to get up out of his chair to volunteering to do chores is a big step up. I am so proud of him and know he will be down even more before the fall semester starts.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home