What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Tuesday, June 22, 2004


From Tuesday Newsday:

SpaceShipOne, reached 328,491 feet, which is 408 feet (124 meters) above the internationally recognized boundary of outer space. In celebration of science in the news for once, my questions have to do with this news story. As usual, feel free to answer one, any or all of them.

1. What do you think of private spacecraft? Are they the way of the future or a waste of materials and fuel, or something else?

Private spacecraft? I didn’t even know there were private spacecraft? Can I get one? Back in the 50’s spaceships were the way of the future, but I don’t think they are now. We don’t have the spirit of adventure anymore. A waste of materials and fuel? We probably waste more on more trivial things, but I am sure people would protest if some started flying their own spacecraft. But wouldn’t it be fun!

2. What do you think of NASA? Are they still effective? Should they be doing more? Are they just a waste of materials and fuel? Should we be exploring space at all?

I think NASA is so afraid of controversy they are more into worrying about every nut and bolt than the exploration of space. The oceans were once the great unknown and now it is outerspace, even though we have explored some regions, there is so much more to see and learn and know. I wish they would resume more space flights and no, I don’t see it as a waste of materials and fuel. I see not going a waste of unlearned knowledge and ideas.

3. Is space the final frontier? Or should we be directing exploratory resources to the ocean bottom? Or somewhere else? Or perhaps exploration is done?

I wish I had read ahead! As I said above we have explored the oceans and even though there is probably more to see and find it is no longer a great unknown. Yes, in my mind at least, space is the final frontier and I hope we keep going and going but not destroy it along the way as we have the earth and the oceans.



Comments: Post a Comment

Home