What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Tuesday, September 30, 2003


I'm a little late responding to this meme but hopefully better late than never still applies :-).

1. What are 3 songs from your "growing up" years that you hear on the radio now and have to crank it. Songs that really get you rockin'

Master Jack – Four Jacks and a Jill
Me and You and a Dog Named Boo – Lobo
So Far Away – Carol King

2. What are 3 songs that bring back really great memories.

Prison Trilogy – Joan Baez (a protest song written from letters her husband wrote her from prison. I was pregnant at the time and she was performing at Gannon Auditorium in Erie PA!!!

Two out Three Aint Bad – Meatloaf

Illegal Smile – John Prine J

3. What are 3 of your favorite bands/singers from your growing up years?

Big Brother and the Holding Company (Janis Joplin)
Joan Baez and still is
Joni Mitchell

4. What are 3 of your favorite bands/singers now?

Have to admit I am not real up on the current singers, but I do like
Alanis Morrisett

A bit older but ones I enjoy today… or still enjoy today I should say are:
Carol King and
Bette Midler


Bonus: What was the best concert you ever went to? Tell us about it.

I would have to say it was the Joan Baez concert at Gannon. It was just her and her guitar and it was so personal. I was seated on the chairs on the floor in front of the makeshift stage. She talked, she sang, she told stories about the songs. She had one fun request and that was no pictures were to be taken during the concert, but since she knew people would take pictures she did one silly song during which she made very face possible and let people click away. At the end she sang Amazing Grace acupela and had the audience sing along. I have been to a lot more extravagant concerts since that one, but to me Joan Baez and her guitar and that very personal performance will always rank at the top.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home