What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Thursday, September 18, 2003


From Seventh Heaven, a daily meme:

01. Would you ever date someone outside of your race or religion?
I have dated outside my race. I even had a daughter who is bi-racial. Somehow when living up north this did no seem unusual. It is different in the south as the bigotry and prejudism work both ways in in a lot of ways the blacks are more prejudiced here than the whites. It is hard to imagine dating outside my race here in SC.

02. Which of the 7 deadly sins in the worst (gluttony, greed, pride, lust, envy, wrath, sloth)?

I had a hard time with this between greed and gluttony as both are what feed the big businesses and politicians and keep their pockets lined while others starve around them.

03. Which one are you most guilty of?

I hate to admit this publicly, but it would have to be gluttony. I am a foodaholic and have been fighting this for years. I have recently joined a support group that is helping immensely and I have actually lost 19 pounds since joining, but still find myself "pigging out" every once in awhile.

04. What would you want a free season pass to?
Yeah, It has to be Broadway. Ever since I saw Bob Fosse and Dancin' while on a business trip to NYC I fell in love with Broadway and would love to back again and again and again and.... :-)

05. Would you tell someone you loved him or her if they didn't say it first?

Yes, I do it all the time. I say what I feel and mean what I say and it doesn't have to be reciprocated. Sometimes the words go unsaid and I wish I had said them. I have a friend in Florida with whom I have been friends with for over 40 years and sometimes he surprises me by ending our calls with and I love you... it is a friendship, brother/sister love but often it goes left unsaid, so it is a nice surprise to hear it as well as surprise someone by saying it to them first.

06. What are you the most sensitive about?

I used to be extremely sensitive and let people hurt me all the time. But something changed after my last divorce. I am not quite sure what it was but something changed in me and I realized people were not hurting me, I was but allowing them to hurt me with their words, looks, etc. I know I should be sensitive about my weight and maybe I would lose more and faster if I was, but somewhere along the line I started to like me just the way I am. Now, I am losing weight for health reasons and that makes a difference. I want to be around for those I love and those who love me.

07. What can you talk about for hours?
Music!! Books!! Movies... anything... somedays I don't want to talk at all, but get me on a day when I am feeling at my best and ... oh, and my husband and I talk for hours about politics, human nature, etc. We don't always agree but the discussions are stimulating and fun.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home