What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Wednesday, June 18, 2003


Stolen from Victoria who borrowed it from her husbands page, who picked it off a friends page, who….

1. Newspapers or magazines?
Magazines. The only day the newspaper is of any use is Sunday when I get my coupon supplements.

2. Books-on-tape or regular books?
Regular, but have to admit I am getting hooked on books on tape. I love to listen to them at night in bed. For awhile there I was having some issues with my eyes and reading was difficult, but now that my glasses have been corrected I am enjoying actually reading the books again.

3. Paperback or hardcover?
Paperback. As I said I read a lot in bed and even though I am now reading a hardcover, they are harder to hold onto in bed.

4. Fiction or non-fiction?
Fiction. I have to agree on the trashy mysteries. But I also get into the Saga’s.

5. Sci-Fi/Fantasy or romance novels?
I was going to say none of the above, but then I did enjoy the Dune series and have read a few other Sci-fi books I enjoyed… and I do enjoy the Harry Potter books. It’s funny how those books appeal to every generation. From my older sisters grandchildren to my mother!

6. Borrow from library or buy books (either new or used)?
The library here is so convenient you would think I would borrow more, but I find I have a tendency to forget when I am supposed to return them. Plus I like to share books I really enjoy. Once I read them I send them onto my mother who then passes them on to other people. (Victoria) I will have to bring my latest batch to CT now to see if you would like any… bet I have a few you haven’t read.

7. Subscribe to magazines or buy on newsstand?
Subscribe. Cat Fancy, of course! Newsweek. Consumer Guide.

8. Current best-sellers or classic literature?
Whatever appeals to me. I don’t go by what is on the best seller list, or what is considered a classic.

9. Read books once, or re-read favorites every so often?
Read once and pass them on.

10. Here in the U.S., we have two hot best-sellers...former First Lady Hillary Clinton's memoirs, and the new Harry Potter book (coming out June 21). If you had to read one, which one...Hillary or Harry? Why?

Harry, of course!! He is definitely the more interesting of the two and I get to take flights of fantasy instead of… well, I haven’t read Hillary’s book, but I get the feeling it would also be a flight of fantasy, but not one that would intrigue me.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home