What ZephyrBird thinks
Life According to Zephyr

Photoblogs.org

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Friday, June 13, 2003


From the Friday Five

1. What's one thing you've always wanted to do, but never have?

Played in a band. I had my chance back in the 60’s, but was too shy at that time. A friend of mine had his own band and was teaching me guitar and got me singing, but I never had the nerve to actually play with the band or perform in public. Now that I’m older and realize you really only do go around once I wish I had taken the chance.

2. When someone asks your opinion about a new haircut/outfit/etc, are you always honest?

Oh boy… I used to until I realized people didn’t want an honest opinion. Now I just say don’t ask unless you really want my opinion. Otherwise, if I can’t say something nice, I say something neutral. Like, if you like it then that’s all that matters.

3. Have you ever found out something about a friend and then wished you hadn't? What happened?

Oh yeah! To make a long story short I found out the young woman a friend of mine was “with” was using him and setting him up, simply because she knew her mother was interested in him. She bragged to me of what she was doing and then set it up to turn him against me, so he wouldn’t believe me when if I told him. I did try to warn him. She was right that he would believe her over me. In the end, though, it all turned out for the good. They got married and are very happy now. The mother is with someone else so all turned out good and we're all friends.

4. If you could live in any fictional world (from a book/movie/game/etc.) which would it be and why?

V. I. Warshawski. Because she is such a cool character and leads an adventurous life, but is also quite human. I just like her!
She makes her own rules, is her own boss, she is not the typical woman we usually find in fiction, she doesn't worry about men, laundry, bills (she throws them out when she can't pay them), or what she's going to wear. If you don't like it, tough, she is happy with her self and her life.

5. What's one talent/skill you don't have but always wanted?
Hmmmm… if understanding math is a talent, then I would have to say being able to understand math and work equations in my head. After I saw A Beautiful Mind it just made me even more frustrated that math and equations have always eluded me.





Comments: Post a Comment

Home